Monday, November 9, 2009

Greenpoint Beer Festival!

After an unseasonably warm and sunny November weekend with not much going on but hanging out, starting up another work week just isn't what I felt like doing. To cheer myself up, I thought I would reminisce about my weekend food and drink highlight and share some pics.

On Saturday afternoon, Will and I headed out to Greenpoint Beer Festival at Red Star bar in Brooklyn. The event was being promoted by our friend's growing company 3V PR and Management and featured tons of local and microbrew beers, some favorite bar munchies, and a great musical lineup, including John Forte from The Fugees. Way to go 3V!

The bar offered some gourmet versions of bar favorites, including sliders, pulled pork sliders, wings, and some of the best mac n cheese in the neighborhood--and there's a lot of mac n cheese in this neighborhood...Yes, it's classic elbow macaroni with a typical, delicious yellow gooey sauce, but Red Star offers the bonus of sauteed red and green pepper bits folded in with a garlic breadcrumb topping. That's right. I'll say it again. Garlic breadcrumb topping. It's good.

No surprise the place was packed with what must have been 20 microbrew/beer purveyors. The deal was that you pay $20, then get your choice of 6 beers! I especially enjoyed Peak Organic's Maple Oat Ale and the Southampton Saison--which was light with passionfruit notes. Gimme some more of that! They also offered a delicious beer available for the first time ever in the U.S. , but guess what. I didn't write down the name of it. It was very good, a hefeweizen, I think. If anyone knows, please comment!

Greenpoint Beer Festival was a smashing success!

If you need PR people or business development consultation, these people are great!

3V PR and Management
EMAIL: press@3Vnyc.com

No comments: