Sunday, December 27, 2009

12.27.09

Happy Holidays, loyal followers! I have been down and out with what I believe to be H1N1. It isn't pleasant, but I am almost through it. . .tomorrow will be day 7 and I am definitely on the mend.

I promise I will provide an end of the year entry, as well as an awesome recipe or two to ring in the new year! Promise.

Tomorrow I hope to be feeling up to it. Here is some food for thought, in the meantime, while you plan your New Year's celebrations.


Traditional New Year Foods Around the World


The Netherlands:
Hot Spiced Wine with Apple Fritters or doughnuts

Germany:
White Cabbage (symbolic of silver money)

Switzerland:
Whipped Cream (symbolic of fatness and riches)

India:
Newly harvested foods, such as new rice

Bulgaria:
Cakes with holes in the center

Armenia:
Fruit and Candies

No comments: