Monday, November 22, 2010

Pumpkin Martinis!

Yikes! Is Thanksgiving only 3 days away?  Is it possible?  I guess it is.  There is Christmas stuff everywhere and I don't recall having eaten any pie.  Well, most people who are hosting Thanksgiving or bringing a dish most likely know what they are making by now.  Thanksgiving food is pretty traditional and doesn't usually veer off too far from the bare Thanksgiving basics of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberries, though I've seen some pretty creative variations this year.  If you are looking for some classic recipes, last year I posted my favorite cranberry recipe, brussels sprouts recipe, Martha Stewart's stuffing, and a cranberry sorbet recipe to use up all of those leftover cranberries.  You can peruse them here.

I've been scanning my brain for new inspiration beyond what I'm doing for my clients today and tomorrow, and then I remembered!  My friend, Melissa's, Pumpkin Martinis!  Of course!  That is the ultimate addition  to a Thanksgiving gathering!  This is easy and delicious and could work for cocktail hour or dessert.  Mmmm. I've had them and can attest to their deliciousness.

Give them a try and be sure to have a thankful and delicious holiday!

yum. seriously.


Pumpkin Martinis

1 750 mL bottle vanilla vodka
1 30 oz can spiced pumpkin puree
6 cups milk
graham crackers
freshly whipped cream
nutmeg

Mix together, taste, and adjust. Pour into martini glasses and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a graham cracker, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I expect samples this weekend!